The Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry of the Department of Psychiatry has over 35 years of
Dr. Rene L. Olvera, M.D.
experience in clinical care and research into the emotional and behavioral disorders of children and teens. We have one of the oldest continuously active Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Residencies, nearly half the child psychiatrists in San Antonio were trained at our program. The faculty pride themselves on the quality of their teaching. With 12 full time faculty and scores of clinical faculty, the Division has a wide range of expertise in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), behavior disorders, depressive and bipolar disorders. The Division has multiple clinical sites serving San Antonio and South Texas and our faculty have conducted major research projects in ADHD, depression, bipolar disorder and we have been active in many clinical trials of medications for these conditions. As the Chief of the Division, I invite you to visit this website and learn about our many programs.
Primary Teaching Faculty:
- Rene Olvera, M.D. - Division Chief
- Brigitte Y. Bailey, M.D. - Residency Director
- Joseph C. Blader, Ph.D. - Associate Professor
- Patrick Holden, M.D. - Clinical Associate Professor
- Kenneth L. Matthews, M.D. - Professor
- Thomas L. Matthews, M.D. – Associate Residency Director
- Louise O'Donnell, Ph.D. - Assistant Professor
- Steven R. Pliszka, M.D. – Professor
- Donna J. Roybal, M.D. - Assistant Professor
- Tracy L. Schillerstrom, M.D. - Assistant Professor
- James Stedman, Ph.D. - Clinical Professor
- Brenda J. Talley, M.D. - Professor